Chart by Dr Thomas Brown see his article The Brown Model of ADD/ADHD
To Do Lists vs Realistic To Do Lists
Many people with ADHD often have unrealistic expectations of what they can actually do in a day, delusional optimism vs pragmatic optimism. Here are some reality filters you might want to use to make your work or personal to do lists more doable.
- Questions on procrastination
- What do you say to yourself?
- Successes with procrastination
- Problems with procrastination
- What worked?
How Adults With ADHD Can Manage Distractions
- Why are ADHD Adults More Likely To Get Distracted?
- How To Think About Distractions
- General Ways to Reduce Distractibility:
- Situational Things to Help Reduce Distractibility
- Practical Next Steps to Better Manage Distractions
Guidelines for Succeeding in the Workplace with ADHD
From the National Resource Center on AD/HD.
- Offer tips for improving on–the–job functioning
- Describe the rights of individuals under the Americans with Disabilities Act and the Rehabilitation Act of 1973
- Provide guidelines for making career choices
Dealing with Emotions
- Why do ADHD adults have stronger emotions / ride the emotional roller coaster more than others?
- Ways to Develop Self-Awareness (have to be in a calmer state to achieve this)
- Effective Ways to Deal with Strong Emotions
Communication Skills for Adults with ADHD
- What does everyone else know that I don't? Social Skills for Adults with ADD
By Michele Novotni
- Verbal Communication Skills
- Nonverbal Communication Skills
- Communication Roadblocks
- Organizational Skills, Trustworthiness
How to Optimize the Performance of Employees with Adult ADHD in the workplace
Great article in Graziado Business Review with specific work related ADHD problems and accommodations to manage them more effectively
How to Complete Things
We ADDers are famous for starting things and not finishing them, leaving projects abandoned in many places.
- Why do ADHD adults have problems completing projects? Possible obstacles?
- What strategies might help in completing projects? Solving obstacles?
- Part of solving a problem.
- Group Discussion Plan of How to Complete Your Own Incomplete Project
How to Prioritize
- What are your most and least favorite ways to prioritize?
- What is the cost of not prioritizing effectively?
- Benefits of prioritizing effectively
- What are ways of prioritizing?
- What helps you to prioritize?
How To Listen More Effectively
- Benefits of listening more effectively
- Costs of not listening effectively
- Barriers to listening effectively
- Feelings affect listening
- Listening is not the same as hearing
- What makes listening better? Verbal and Non Verbal tactics
Impulsivity. How ADHD Adults Can Manage It
- Why are ADHD adults more impulsive than non ADDers?
- What increases the chances of you acting / talking impulsively?
- What reduces our chances of speaking or acting impulsively?
- Pick an area where you have an impulsivity problem and create a plan
"The majority of business owners exhibit ADHD characteristics".
Great comparison article.
ADHD Entrepreners and other Entrepreneurs With Mental Health Conditions Who've Been Successful
BC Business Magazine article that I'm quoted in profiling sucessful ADHD entrepreneurs.
in the Workplace
Talks about accommodations in the workplace in the US for
people with ADD.
at Work NY Times
Talks about how ADD impacts people at work and discusses ADD
coaching, medication etc.
The Americans with Disabilities Act, Civil Rights for You
Dale S. Brown. Learning A Living, A Guide for Planning Your
and Finding A Job for People with Learning Disabilities,
Attention Deficit Disorder and Dyslexia.
Woodbine House 2000 Chapter 12
Making ADD-Friendly Career Choices
By Career Counsellor Wilma R. Fellman, M.Ed., LPC. What
are the best careers for an adult with Attention Deficit Disorder?
What are the best careers for an adult with blue eyes? Very
Secrets of Job Success for ADDers
Job guru Wilma Fellman explains how ADDers can find happiness and success on the job
Stretch Your Attention Span at Work
Six strategies for adults with ADD who want to gain and maintain focus on the job.
Issues for Adults with ADHD in the Workplace and Higher Education
information and resource sheet will:
how the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (RA) and the Americans
with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA) prohibit discrimination
against individuals with disabilities
the documentation required to afford individuals with
protection under RA or ADA
- Explain how RA and ADA apply to higher education and the
Ten ADD Traps in the Workplace, and how to avoid getting caught
By Kathleen G. Nadeau, Ph.D. Author of ADD
in the Workplace Great article lists the common traps
and methods of dealing with them.
Want to learn how to manage your ADHD more effectively at work?